Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Recipe: Tuna Pesto

Oh my gulay! Or should it be Oh My Pasta!? ^_^

Ibang level na to friends... I just cooked a pasta dish! Not your ordinary stahpegghi (spaghetti) ha! It’s gourmet pasta recipe... tutyal! And I used FUSILLI pasta!!! Sounds like bacteria lang noh? He-he! For those who are not familiar with this bacteria-sounding pasta, it looks like this:
Image courtesy of pollsb.com

I was actually looking for the instant carbonara sauce in the supermarket but found this instead:
Image courtesy of claraole.com

It’s experimentation time! My frequenting the kitchen lately has given me such confidence that I’m now trying out recipes from my imaginative mind. Tee-hee! Well, this is really inspired by a certain recipe but I twisted it a bit due to lack of the required ingredients.

So without further ado, let me present to you my Fusilli Tuna Pesto:

Ingredients:
250g Fusilli Pasta, cooked according to package instruction
1 pack Clara Ole Cheesy Pesto
1 medium can Hot & Spicy Century Tuna
1 can Button Mushroom, sliced
5 cloves of Garlic
1 tbsp Cooking Oil
Grated Cheese
Salt and Pepper

How I did it:
1. Saute Garlic and Mushroom. Then add in the Tuna. You may or may not include the oil, although it will give the recipe an added flavour. Allow it to simmer and reduce consistency.
2. Add Salt and Pepper to taste.
3. Pour in the Cheesy Pesto Sauce.
4. Toss in the Pasta.
5. Top with Grated Cheese and serve.

Perfect with a garlic bread!

Note: If you're not a fan of Pesto Sauce, you may opt to use only half of the pack's content. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...