Monday, June 27, 2011

Recipe: Chicken Tinola

Sharing time!

My first comfort food! Since I began (or was forced to?) cooking, I only get my hands on recipes that are very basic, mostly fried foods. I stay away from comfort foods because they have the distinct taste that if not achieved would make the dish a failure. At least if the recipe is something that is not familiar, you can just say that you just made it up, di ba?

But yesterday, I had the courage to cook Chicken Tinola. Ok, fine, kasubuan lang talaga. Kasi naman, nagtanong pa ako what the Hubby wants for lunch, ayan, tinolang manok daw! I was expecting him to say corned beef, tuna or kahit tortang giniling, un keri ko pa! Pero tinola?!?! I was stunned for a while but I valiantly took the challenge! Sha, tinola daw!

Here’s how I did it. Hoping this would inspire those zero-knowledge but aspiring cooks out there like me.

Ingredients:
2 medium-sized Chicken Breast, cut into serving pieces
1 Onion, chopped
4 cloves of Garlic, minced
2 thumb-sized Ginger, cut into strips
2 small Green Papaya
Dahon ng Sili
Water
about 1 tbsp of Knorr Liquid Seasoning
Salt and Pepper to taste

How to do it:
1. Sautee Garlic, Onion and Ginger.
2. Add the Chicken and about a tablespoon of Knorr Seasoning. Cover and let it simmer for a while until the flavors mix together.
3. Add about 6 cups of Water or just enough to submerge the chicken.
4. Add Papaya. Bring to a boil.
5. Season with Salt and Pepper.
6. Add in the Dahon ng Sili when the Papaya is cooked. Simmer for a minute then viola!!!
Ready to be served!

Disclaimer: Again, this is only from the experience of an aspiring cook. There may be better ways to cook this but this is my way and it tastes pretty much like the Tinola I know. Comments and suggestions are very much welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...