Thursday, June 09, 2011

Recipe: Crispy Tokwa (Soya Bean Curd)


I am not a good cook. I’m everything that spells not a cook! But I try to fix something for my very picky eater hubby once in a while, especially during weekends (until my beloved MIL comes back from her vacation ^_^).

I know he likes fried tokwa so I thought of doing it with a twist!

And voila – hello there, Crispy Fried Tokwa! A yum-yum appetizer! Sorry I wasn't able to take pictures but promise to do so the next time I make this.

Ingredients:
2 pcs Tokwa squares, sliced into about 3/4" wide flat strips.
1 tbsp All Purpose Flour
1 tsp Salt
A pinch of Ground Pepper
1 Egg, beaten
2-3 tbsp Bread Crumbs
Cooking oil for frying

How to:
1. Mix flour, salt and pepper in a bowl.
2. Cover each tokwa strip in the flour mix. Then dip in the egg. Then cover again in bread crumbs.
3. Fry each side until golden brown.
4. Serve with your choice of dip.

Oh, di ba so easy?

Try it, now na!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...