Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Amber's Birthday Gift for the Future

Amber brought home gifts from Nanay’s house last weekend. Some of these still-wrapped-in-Christmas-wrapper-gifts have been in my cabinet for a few years already. The oldest was dated 6 years ago! These are for my godchildren who were not able to come to the house or I have not seen since then. I have forgotten of these gifts already until last weekend.

This is one advantage of having a child of your own. Someone will benefit from uncollected gifts, which are mainly toys. J

And since the little girl has so many toys already, the hubby and I decided to skip on giving her toys on her birthday. Instead, we opened this for her...

This is an idea I picked up from N@W. That instead of putting a trust fund or buying an insurance, save them money that they can make use of in the future. I know that most parents are saving for their children but this is for them, this is something that is at their own disposal when they turn 18 or 21. This is apart from their educational funds, etc. We plan to deposit a fixed amount every month until she turns 18. Then it will be up to her how she wants to spend it. I'll be happy if she would choose to start a business with it. But as long as she makes good use of it, it'll be fine with us. J

Although I really really want to open the account on the exact date of her birthday, fate does not seem to be cooperating. Please read here. I would appreciate if you can restrain that laughter, even the smile, while reading it. Mainit pa din ang ulo ko sa nangyari! (Hehe, pikon!)

Hope I was able to share some long-term birthday gift ideas for those parents out there.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...