Friday, July 29, 2011

Amber Has An Accent! :-(

O-oh! Amber is suffixing everything (well, mostly everything) with “man”, imagine that with a Visayan accent. It’s like “ala eh” of the Batanguenos or “lah” for the Singaporeans.

I don’t have anything against the Visayan dialect. My Nanay is Ilongga and I would love to have learned of the dialect if I was only given the chance to. Pero hearing it from Amber is a whole different story because she is only beginning to talk!

I heard her say, “wawa man!”, “takot man!”, “tago man!”...

At least she is only suffixing on Tagalog words but that is no consolation still. Tita Renee by the way is Bisaya though you wouldn’t hear her speak in their dialect nor have the accent, Amber must have picked up the expression from her, who and where else?

Am I over-reacting? Or can this really be a cause of concern?!?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...