Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Parents & Child-Care Providers

It used to bother me that Amber might prefer her yaya or whoever that she is with most of the time over her working mommy. I worry that it would hurt my feelings if she runs after somebody else than she would to me. I imagine the pain that I would feel if she calls out to someone else than to me.

I’ve heard a lot of these from fellow moms and how they were hurt from the experience.

I began to worry about it, too.

Until last weekend... Tita Renee had to leave earlier so she could attend an anticipated mass. As she is about to go out of the gate, Amber looked for her and went out of the house. When she saw that Tita was outside the gate, she called for her. I sensed the panic in her voice. Then she started to wail when she realized that Tita is indeed leaving.

I couldn’t pacify her. She was crying so hard despite my hugging her. She wanted Tita Renee back.

Tita, upon hearing Amber’s cries, went back inside and held Amber. She instantly stopped crying.

I stopped and assessed my feelings. Was I hurt? Did I feel the pain of rejection from my own daughter?

............

Surprisingly, I was not! Instead, I felt glad.

In all honesty, I can say that I felt good about it because seeing how Amber cried for Tita meant one thing to me... that Tita is giving Amber the love and proper care that she needs. Di ba nga, she went back for Amber when she heard her cry?

I learned from somewhere that children have keen senses. They know if a person cares for them or otherwise. Thus, they react similarly towards that person.

This incident made me feel better leaving Amber with Tita when the Hubby and I are at work. At least I know that my baby is in good hands and is properly taken cared of. Because of that, I appreciate Tita Renee the more!

And don’t I feel threatened that Amber would want Tita more than me? No, I’m not. I am and I will always be her Mom. No matter how close she is to someone else at the moment, I’m sure she will always turn to me when she needs her Mommy. That, I am very certain of! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...