Monday, July 25, 2011

Recipe: Sweet and Sour Fish Fillet

Months ago, I successfully copied this Fish Tempura recipe from Carmelyn (try this, it’s very good and fun to make! Just follow the simple steps and you will never go wrong!). Yesterday, I took it to the next level. I tried to make a Sweet and Sour Fish Fillet using the Fish Tempura recipe and here’s the finished product:
Before the sauce.

After the sauce!

I'm not that excited to share my recipe because it didn’t turn out to taste like how I hoped it would be. I think it still needs a lot of tweaking. I even forgot to put in onions. Hay! Tsk-tsk!

What I did was very simple. Hope someone out there would share with me their Sweet and Sour sauce recipes. ^_^

Ingredients:
1 Can Pineapple Chunks
1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
1 small Red Bell Pepper, diced
1 small Green Bell Pepper, diced
1 medium-sized Onion, diced (that I forgot, would you believe that?!?!)
1 Tbsp Vinegar
1 Tsp Sugar
Salt and Pepper to taste

How I did it:
1. Simmer the pineapple syrup from the Pineapple Chunks and Tomato Paste.
2. Add in Pineapple Chunks and Onion. Simmer for about a minute.
3. Then put in the vinegar and sugar. Allow the vinegar to cook before adding the Red and Green Bell Pepper.
*I suggest adding the bell peppers when the sauce is almost cooked because if you add it in earlier, the sauce will have an overpowering taste of bell peppers!*
4. Top the Fish Tempura with the Sweet and Sour Sauce and it’s already meal time!

I used half kilo Cream Dory Fish. Half of the Tempura, I served as it is with Mayo-Garlic Dip (not in the picture though).


Happy eating!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...