Thursday, July 28, 2011

This One Is For My Crazy Friends!!!

Ladies, gentlemen and in-betweens, allow me to introduce my beloved highschool barkada... the Crazy Girls!!!
TGIF, ATC - 2008
L-R: Ate Liza, Pitse, Yes-yes, Jhulie Anne, Mabee and Me.

Yeah, I know... it’s baduy naming barkadas nowadays but what can I do? I was born in that age and time when people gave names to their barkadas to identify them easily. Parang Sigue-Sigue Sputnik Gang ba. But shempre, we were a generation after that naman, ano!

I was inspired to talk about them because one of the founding members, Mabee, created a Facebook group for us yesterday. Thanks, labs for the initiative! Now, we can chat with the group to our heart’s content!

Warning!!! This is a very very very looooong read! I can’t make it any way shorter. L

I love how we are still intact after all these years. We still get to see each other especially if there are occasions like weddings, birthdays, our kids’ parties, etc. But apart from that, no matter how seldom it becomes, we try to see each other for dinner or coffee just to catch up on lost times and have that endless reminiscence of our highschool years.

We laughed. We cried. We got mad at each other at some point. We talked. We ironed out differences. We shared special memories. We have been always there for each other at any given time!

I am glad that I have been with this group of friends during my adolescence. Each of us has different characters that when put together, created the perfect mix!

Know more about them...

Ate Liza is the matriarch of the group. The craziest of the crazies! The boldest one! She is like a lioness. She is so tender and protective of her cubs but can be very vicious if anyone of them has been hurt. Gera kung gera!

Her a few years our senior didn’t affect her closeness with the group. In fact, I think she took the responsibility of looking after us and made sure that we are properly guided and not being taken advantage of.

We look up to her. We even tell her first if we want to meet up with the group kasi we know that if she will be the one to call for a meeting, tyak lahat pupunta. ^_^

She is married to Kuya Abner (for the longest time! With emphasis talaga to, teh. Haha!). Her eldest Alexis have already graduated from College and is now probably a Registered Nurse. Awww, I still remember her when she was 3 years old. She often comes to school with Ate Liz and we are just enamored of her!

Allison, her youngest is now a young man at 17 (I’m guessing the age ^_^).

Mabee is the most charming girl among the group. Everybody is so drawn to her. Everybody likes her. Do I need to run down your suitors during that time, labs, to validate my statement? Haha! Seriously, she is very likeable. A friend through and through. Being the only daughter, she enjoyed the privilege of having her own stuff and own room, that we turned into the barkada’s den. Yes, we are almost part of their household because we eat, sleep and almost lived there! We are not just sure if Nanay Lagring minded that we are there almost all of the time (hope not though). ^_^

She is now residing in Dubai with her husband Roy and cute kids Riane, Mikayla and Moana.

Jhulie Anne is one of the sweetest members of the group. Well, lahat naman yan sweet pero I find Jhulie, the sweetest. She is the type who will hear out your concerns and really listens if you need to pour your heart out. Someone who will console you when you need comforting. 

She is very diligent. If we miss a lesson, we go to her. Kasi sha lang ang kumpleto sa notes. Ang sipag magsulat nyan! Kopyahan-material, haha!

She is now a doting mom to 1 year old Jhana. We can’t wait for her to be back in town again. She’s a Medical Technologist working out of the country at the moment.

Pitse (Prescy) may be the tallest among us but she is like the babiest of the group. She’s the youngest kasi. A very obedient daughter, she always observes her curfews. She never cared if we sometimes tag her as KJ basta she will go home the time she tells her parents she will. Bait-bait no? ^_^

She is now married to her long-time boyfriend Don and mom to cutie Zoie, who is almost 2 months now.

Yes-yes (Imelda) is one of the smartest. Well, I’d say again that everybody is smart but shempre someone will really exude that aura especially when we were still in high school. Consistent honor student yan! She added a perfect balance to the group. Why? Kasi, kung anong ingay namin, shang tahimik nyan! She is very soft-spoken. I never heard her get mad. Or baka di ko lang talaga narinig?!? Haha, peace labs!

She is married to Jon, and has 2 beautiful children, my inaanak Yvonne and newborn Ynakee.

Mailyn is the pinaka-happy-go-lucky among the group.

I haven’t seen her for the longest time. She has been out of the limelight ever since she moved to Mindoro (I think) with her family.

Calling Mailyn, kelangan mo magparamdam! Hehe.

And ako... well, you should already have an idea how I am like if you’ve been following my blog. If not yet, please feel free to read my blogs! Teehee!

Those are the original members of the group. We have honorary members who I will talk about some other time. ^_^  

And you've read it right, each of us are mommies now and have reached that certain level of maturity (I hope!^_^). Yet, when we are all together, we always seem to be pulled into a time warp that brings us back to high school life. We become possessed by 16-year olds who have shrieking voices! We laugh so hard, we shake like we are having seizures!!! Hay, kaloka! 

May I just share one incident at school that I will never forget for the rest of my earthly life?! A measure that our barkada will stick together through thick and thin! All of us (all that is present during that time, at least) experienced kneeling outside the classroom. Capital punishment yun di ba? Bawal yun di ba? Ewan ko ba, galit ata samin yung classmate namin who was assigned to list down the names of the very talkative ones while the teacher is away. Nilista kami lahat! Bitter! Ayun, when the teacher came back, she was really mad that we behaved daw inappropriately kaya para kaming nagumpisal ng wala sa oras.

I love high school life! One of the best years of my life! ^_^ It is where and when all the fun began!

Here are some of our photos in the present times. Just regret not having or keeping pictures of us all together in our uniforms back then. Anyways, here we are now believing that the 17 years that have passed didn't change us at all, especially on the looks department, heehee! (weh!)...
Pancake House, Festival Mall  -  March 2011
Not present were preggy Piche who needs to stay rested and
Mabee who is on the other part of the planet.

Pregnant Yes-yes and yours truly.

Jhulie Anne and Ate Liza.


Have I said that I love these girls?!?! ^_^



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...