Friday, July 22, 2011

From HK Mandarin to Mongolia!

Usapang food muna pipol! Makes me wonder why I talk about foods a great deal when I’m supposed to be on a diet (weh, diet!).

I learned about this restaurant named Mandarin Wok from The Wandering Boots blog. Looking at the pictures of the food and reading her reviews make my stomach grumble. The branch she based her reviews on is at the Mall of Asia, that’s so layo and out of our way home. I checked from the internet if there is a branch near us and I was so happy to know that there is a Mandarin Wok in Festival Mall. I even called up the mall’s information to confirm if it is still there.
Image courtesy of ph.openrice.com

So elated, I called the Hubby, who was still in the office, to invite him out for dinner later. I was already making a mental note of what to order. I’ll try the Baked Chicken Rice and order the Sweet and Sour Pork for the Hubby, exactly what The Wandering Boots raved about!

But I ended up so disappointed! Not because I was dissatisfied with the food but because Mandarin Wok only offers Dim Sums in this branch. I almost weep. I will not be able to give life to that yummy Baked Chicken Rice that I’ve carefully kept in my memory. Haiz!

Since I don’t feel like eating Siomais and Siopaos, I pulled Hubby away. But I was really hungry so we have to eat somewhere!

Come Mongolian Quick-Stop to the rescue! I realized I haven’t eaten togue for quite some time now and I missed it. This is the only gulay that the Hubby is so willing to eat.

They are a fast-food style restaurant. You place your order and pay for it on the counter, then you will be given a number.

What I enjoy about this restaurant and any other Mongolian Restaurants for that matter, is the Eat-All-You-Can Mongolian Barbecue! But we decided not to avail of it this time.

The Hubby said he wanted to order something new. He turned to the cashier and ordered for a Chicken Teriyaki. Ngek! Something new daw, eh for the nth time na kumain kami dun, yun lang ang ino-order nya! Super picky! He is not the type who tries new and different tastes. He always sticks to what he is already comfortable with.
Chicken Teriyaki at PhP115. The Hubby asked for it to have lesser ginger.

Ako, for the past 2 visits, I’ve been ordering Mongolian Squid because I like its sweet and spicy sauce. But for now, I asked for the Seafood Bowl and Calamari Crunch.
Seafood Bowl for PhP105 and Calamari Crunch for PhP85.
Colors look so yum-yum!

Wait, may nagparamdam...

Kunsensha: Kala ko ba diet ka?!?!

Bunay: Di ba nga sabi ko gutom ako!
*Does that justify the bowl of rice that I really did finish?*

All together now! Btw, the bottles of Mountain Dew are concealed from 
this picture. Sobra na kasi sha sa exposure kaya di na sinama. :p 

We left the restaurant with tummies so full. But the aftertaste of what we just ate made us crave for something sweet. Problem lang is that we were so busog that we do not have extra spaces to put the sweets in anymore. L

For the food nga pala... price, I think is reasonable enough because it is filling. The taste is just right. You can request for a different sauce mix when they cook your food, if you want it spicier or sweeter. Best to try the Mongolian buffet at only PhP285/person! Although I noticed that the ingredients are not as many as before.

They also offer catering services, you might be interested:
Mongolian Quick-Stop
3rd Level, Festival Mall
Tel No.: 850-4226

Oh, and may I add, they are right in front of that big Carousel. I really want Amber to experience a carousel ride! One of these days! J



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...