Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Movie Night Friday


Yeah boy! The Hubby asked me out for a movie date last Friday. *grin*

Grabe the lines at the TriNoma Cinemas! There were only 2 movies being shown: Deathly Hallows 2 and Dark of the Moon 3 (what’s with all these movies having sequels?).

I was almost disappointed.

We can’t definitely watch Harry Potter because we haven’t seen it since Prisoner of Azkaban. And it would be lousy if we jump to the last instalment without knowing what went on in between. But I’m doing something about that already. Currently downloading Parts 1 to 6, file size is 59 Gig. Yipee, I’ll be watching Harry Potter after ten years!!! Bummer! ;-\

Although I watched the first 2 chapters, I was never a fan of Transformers. Not even when I was a little girl and everybody was all hyped-up with the cartoon series and its toys. I find it so for-the-boys kasi. But because the Hubby followed this animation series before, ok then, go lang. It’s still a movie anyways and it will make me happy to watch a movie – any movies for that matter. Like how Ron Witwicky puts it, “Happy wife makes a happy life!”. ^_^

Like the past episodes, the special effects are really remarkable! Any gear-person would really be fascinated. Why I said so? Look at all the gears (literal talaga no?!) flying around when the robots transform! Nahihilo ako sa dami ng mechanism! Hehe!

It may just be me but I’m really disappointed with Optimus Prime! For a leader, he doesn’t impress me. He’s so... soft! There was even a scene with him that I find very funny -- he was caught up in the cables from the shattered building. And he really struggled because he can’t get lose. It bothered me! Cables lang yun, he can’t let lose, pano na pag anjan na yung Decepticons?!?! How are they going to save planet Earth from being taken over? How will the Autobots stop the Decepticons from bringing Cybertron to Earth and make humans their slaves? How? How? If he can’t even free himself from mere cables!?! Hehe, told you I’m not a fan and I might be siding Megatron anytime soon (kotrabida much!). But what the heck, there may be more to Optimus Prime than meets my eye! Teehee!

And hey, Patrick Dempsey! You’re in this film pala. It’s a breath of fresh air seeing Dr. McDreamy in a villain role (he looked like he gained weight by the way, shhh...).

I gave out a few good laughs throughout the movie though.

Oh, I have a favorite scene pala! It was when Bumble Bee transformed into his Autobot form while Sam and Carlie were riding his car form. Then the two were thrown away during the transformation but before they landed, Bumble Bee was able to catch them both. This was done in slow-mo.

I wonder if we have seen this on 3D instead? Panay siguro ilag ko! Liparan ng liparan yung mga metal parts nila kaya!
---***---

Side kwento: what the Hubby and I love about watching in cinemas are the trailers of upcoming movies. We always make sure that we get inside early or as soon as the movie ends so we will not miss movie previews. ^_^

So here are the movies that we look forward to seeing:

~ Mission Impossible (Ghost Protocol)
I can almost hear that very famous background music!

~ Cowboys Vs. Aliens
Dunno why but the Hubby is so eager to see this!

~ And the one of Jason Statham that I didn't get the title.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...