Friday, July 22, 2011

A Realization

I am now starting to feel the pressures of running a household. My gulay! Ang hirap pala maging ilaw ng tahanan!

Even if I have been working for half of my human life, I have never experienced being in-charge of anything but myself (not even, sometimes! I'm the pseudo-spoiled brat!).

When I was still single, got married and before I had Amber, I have Nanay to take care of the household needs. I just give her my paycheck and she will be the one to budget for our expenses. I don’t need to worry if the bills have been paid or if there are enough food in the fridge.

When I was about to give birth and finally transferred to the Hubby’s house, there is Mama who makes sure that we are living comfortably under her wing. When we come home from work at night, dinner is ready and is just about to be served.

Ang sarap ng buhay ko no? Parang free board and lodging kaming mag-asawa! Hehe! But in all fairness to the Hubby, he tries to pitch in to whatever needs to be bought and spent around the house. And of course, we pay for our own personal expenses.

Now that Mama is on a long vacation out of the country, I take it that being the eldest female in the house (others are the Hubby’s youngest sister and our 2 year old daughter), I will be left in-charged.

The first few months were great. I felt so empowered! Felt like we’re living on our own. There was a sense of freedom in that.

Then after a while (3 months to be exact), I feel it’s starting to become out of hand. Well, not to that extent yet but I always worry if we have enough of this and that. I have been challenged into making sure that every ends meet. I have to be asked what meal should be prepared. I suddenly have to make decisions on matters that I think too little of before. I even cook now, don’t I? Well, the cooking part, I do enjoy most of the times. ^_^

I realized that it’s hard work to keep a household up.

But at the end of the day, I think what matters the most is that you have given your family comfort.

I will survive... my family will survive! And I’m so embracing the idea that someday soon, I can finally run our very own home. ^_^

So sige lang, praktis-praktis muna!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...