Monday, August 01, 2011

Recipe: Crispy Chicken Finger

I paired this menu with my failed-attempt-to-copy-the-Jolly-spaghetti recipe, which I will not share na lang kasi hindi ikatutuwa ni Jabibi. ^_^

But the Chicken Finger, I can say is a success! Not to the little girl though because she only took a bite, just one! Haiz, inisnab ang luto ko, broken-hearted ang Mommy!

Anyhow, the Hubby and sister-in-law said it was really good so I’m sharing again my bagong-tuklas na simple chicken recipe (really really sorry as I can no longer give credit to who I got this recipe from. Nawala na kasi sa notes ko. So sad).

Ingredients:
¼ Chicken Breast or Thigh Fillet, cut in finger sizes.
Salt and Pepper
½ Cup Milk
1 Egg
Kellogg’s Frosted Corn Flakes, crushed.
Vegetable Oil for deep-frying

How to:
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Combine milk and egg. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- You may either just dip the chicken to the egg-milk mixture or soak it in. What I did is I soaked the chicken in the mixture. Cover the chicken with crushed corn flakes. Then deep fry until golden brown.
- Drain the excess oil in a table napkin. Serve while hot.

Kids (well, except mine) will surely enjoy this crispy sweet-tasting fried chicken.  

I just have one tiny little minute concern... bakit parang nahuhubaran yung chicken habang tumatagal?!? The first batch I did was perfectly coated and brown. The corn flakes were no longer sticking to the chicken towards the last batch. I wonder what have I done wrong? Meron pa naman enough corn flakes to cover them but they just won’t stick to the chicken anymore. L

Pardon if I wasn’t able to get pictures of the finished product. We were so hungry, I totally forgot! Teehee! ^_^ 

Wonder what the Spaghetti and Crispy Chicken Finger is about? It’s my dear Mother-In-Law’s birthday!!! Kaya kinarir ko ang pagluluto ng stapegi. We were able to greet Mama thru Skype while we were having our lunch.

Happy birthday Mama dear!!! 2 months na lang and we’ll be seeing you again. Hurrah! ^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...