Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Must See Dentist

I am so worried about Amber’s teeth that I want to bring her to the dentist right away. She was sleeping in my arms the other day and I tried to wipe away the yellowish marks on her front teeth using a clean cloth. It won’t be wiped away. I washed my hands and ran a finger on the yellowish marks, they seemed to be cavities. I felt so panicked that I wanted to scoop her at that instant and bring her to the dentist.

But the Hubby was quick to say that bringing her to the dentist is easy but having her sit and cooperate is another thing.

We have brought her to the dentist 5 months ago but it wasn’t successful. She never opened her mouth no matter how nicely the dentist asked. The dentist tried to trick her several times but her lips were just glued together.

I guess it was our fault because we failed to brief her prior to the visit.

We managed to make her brush every night... on her own though, because she wouldn’t let us help her. I don’t know if it is helping that she just bites on the bristles and does not really brush her teeth as she is supposed to.

I feel so helpless! I so badly want to preserve her milk teeth but if they already have cavities at this stage, I have to find a way how to stop it from progressing!

I have to bring her to the dentist soon!!!

So I have to convince her...

I started the conversation by telling her that dentists are our teeth’s doctor and that they help us take care of our teeth. Blah, blah, blah...

She is listening intently. I was hopeful.

Then I asked her, “Would you like us to visit the dentist?”.

That was the only time she spoke. With conviction, she said, “AYAAAAAW!!!”.

Waaaaaahhhh... pano naman kaya yun?!?!

I already instructed Tita Renee to make her familiar with dentists since it seems to me that she listens to her more.

Kaso eto nangyari...

Tita Renee: Bhe, punta ka sa dentist ha...

Amber just listens.

Tita Renee: Titingnan ng dentist ang teeth mo, sasabihin nya, “Raaaawwwwrrr”.

I was surprised talaga because she roared and made a monster-like gesture.

Josme! Tama ba naman yun?!?! Eh di lalong matatakot yung anak ko!!!

I called Tita’s attention and explained to her that I wanted her to make Amber comfortable with dentists. And what she did will only scare Amber more. Kelangan pa ba naman i-explain yun in the first place?!?

Haaay, maha-high blood ako! Buti na lang masarap yung niluto nyang ulam kagabi.

Guess, I have to prepare her myself.


2 comments:

  1. waahaha. funny! we share the same sentiments. me naman, hindi ko nga alam kung panu papangangahin si akira. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ay naku sis, i showed her how to open he mouth one time, as in inexaggerate ko na ang pagnganga ha. nakatingin lang sha na parang takang-taka. para lang akong baliw. tama ba yun??? so kaka!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...