Monday, August 22, 2011

Recipe: Buttered Vegetable

A simple and yummy side dish that I was so fond of when I was younger and that I have almost forgotten. ^_^

I am a picky eater myself when I was a young girl. Sometimes in my Nanay’s frustration, I’ll hear her tell my Tita na para daw ako nilalason because I always refuse to try new dishes that she introduces, especially when it has vegetables in it. So she tried to find ways to make me eat vegetable, and this is one of the many ways she prepared them, paired with fried chicken.

Ingredients:
- Potatoes
- Carrots
- Green Beans
- Butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste

How to do it is very simple!
Make sure that the veggies are washed and
thoroughly cleaned prior boiling.
- Boil the veggies until tender. Not too much to make them soggy.
- Peel and cut the Potatoes and Carrots in cubes. Beans into ¼” in length.
- Put them in a bowl, mix in the Butter. Depends on how much butter you would like to add.
- Then season with Salt and Pepper.

Try not to overcook the potatoes like what I did here. ^_^

Oh by the way, I am no longer a picky-eater ha. I became more adventurous with food when I began to work. Just don’t serve me something with my bestfriend Bagoong in it. ^_^

I just have to post a picture of my plate with the Buttered Veggies...
Ganda no? From top left: My Buttered Veggies, KR Roasted Chicken (Hubby took home a whole chicken for our lunch para daw di na ko mapagod magluto. Wushu! That or ayaw nya ng niluluto ko?), my sister-in-law’s Potato and Tuna Salad (this is oh so yummy! Kaya lang she will have to recall how she made it kasi tantya-tantya lang the ingredients) and my Garlic Fried Rice (na sobrang yum-yum!)! Argh! Talk about my diet. Yeah right! ^_^



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...