Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Recipe: Crema de Fruta (Failed!)

The title already says that my attempt to create a fruity masterpiece failed, but I thought of sharing it still. Someone out there might know where I failed at and hopefully can tell me how I can amend whatever mistakes I have made during the process. ^_^ 

I’ll tell you why it’s a failure as I go along...

Ingredients:

How to:
- Mix the Cream, Milk, Butter and Egg in a pan. Simmer until it thickens. **But it never did thicken, made me wonder why.**
- Arrange Graham Crackers on the baking dish. Pour the cream mixture. Put the fruits on top of the mixture. Make another Graham Cracker, Cream mixture and Fruit layer. **Since the cream mixture did not thicken, it made the crackers float. It was supposed to hold the crackers down, isn’t it?**
- Cook the Gelatine according to package instruction. I used the Mr. Gulaman brand. Half a portion of the sachet is just enough for this recipe. Then slowly pour the cooked gelatine over the arrangement. **This is when I knew everything will not turn out well. The gelatine went all over the dish. It was supposed to stay on top and cover the fruits but it submerged instead.**
- Chill then serve. **I had to freeze it to set the stubborn cream.**


The taste would have been perfect! Masarap talaga in fernes lalo na yung cream, para shang ice cream! It melts in your mouth. But the presentation sucked! I was thinking of doing this again. But I have to figure out what went wrong first.

Calling my fairy cooking godmother...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...