Monday, August 08, 2011

Movie Weekend

What’s on TV last weekend? Priest and Harry Potter! ^_^

Priest

I already had a preview of the Priest because I’ve watched the beginning of it until the bus reached Alabang, leaving me so curious! So the Hubby and I watched it last Saturday evening - full length! ^_^

I knew it! Well, it’s kinda obvious that the Priest and Shannon and Lucy are related like how I suspected but of course we needed a confirmation di ba? So it didn't come as much of a shock anymore.

My take on the movie? Well, it didn’t sustain my initial excitement. I got bored towards the end of the film. It became so predictable.

I wished that the other priests who was sent to bring Paul Bettany's character back to the city was given a moment to shine on their own. They didn't seem to be as strong as how their characters have been depicted. I liked Bettany's performance though.  

Black Hat reminds me so much of Van Helsing. ^_^

Harry Potter: The Goblet of Fire & The Order of the Phoenix


By the way, I haven’t read any Harry Potter books. My sister-in-law, I think has the complete set but I’m just too lazy to read it since it’s easier to watch. ^_^

Pero I agree that nothing beats reading a book. One’s imagination is boundless! Pero pag si Harry, watch na lang ako muna. Hehe!

So ayun, we finished 2 movies on Sunday night. Whew! It’s a little addicting once you’ve started it. If we don’t have to wake up very early the next day, we could have watched until the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (wala pa kasi torrent un Part 2 ^_^)!

What I like about Harry Potter movies is its clean execution of events. It wouldn’t leave you wondering. There is always a clear rationalization towards the end of every episode. 

If all things fail, would you not be amazed with magic and wizardry? ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...