Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Lady From The Barrio

During my highschool years, Mexican Telenovelas earned a phenomenal success. These are television series from Mexico that were dubbed in Filipino. And knowing how talented our script writers and dub artists are, they made these shows closer to every Filipino households the more.

I came home from school seeing Nanay and Tita (her sister) glued to the TV watching Thalia in Marimar. Thalia instantly became a big star in the Philippines after several of her shows became prime time hits, including Maria La Del Barrio.

ABS-CBN has just aired its Filipino version of Maria La Del Barrio yesterday. I remember it being Thalia’s show that I liked the most. Well, it was a very long time ago and I really could not remember the story anymore except that I know that I looked forward to watching it every afternoon as I come home, over her other shows.

Seeing how they styled Erich Gonzales in the show to resemble the looks of Thalia reminded me of a picture that I’ve seen just last year. I looked for it in my files and...

TADAAAAAHHHH...

Meet Amber La Del Barrio!

*Haba ng intro no? Shempre kelangan konek! Teehee!*

This was taken by Tita Renee's son when Amber was 6 months old. Makes me wonder what they are doing with her when the Hubby and I are at work. Feeling ata nila may life-size doll sila. ^_^

I wish I can watch the local Maria but our daily schedule will not allow me to. Btw, Enchong Dee is cute but I hope they have casted a much matured and hunky actor to portray Luis Fernando's character. Wala lang...   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...