Saturday, August 20, 2011

Parenting Woes

I feel guilty.

I was watching Masterchef Australia (the latest favorite show) when Amber started saying something while pointing to the TV.

I thought she wanted me to put the channel back to Nickelodeon as what she always makes everybody in the house do. So I asked her very nicely if Mommy can watch because Mommy wants to see this show.

She still keeps on pointing to the TV. Then she started crying like how she does when she can’t get what she wants.

I got irritated. Yeah, I know... bad mommy!

I told her to go to her Daddy who is in the dining table. Amber did as if looking for someone to rescue her.

Then they both came back. Amber is still crying, still pointing to the TV.

Daddy went closer then saw that the big calculator which Amber likes to play with is on top of the TV rack. She stopped crying when Daddy gave it to her.

I felt bad. I felt so guilty.

She just wanted me to get the calculator for her lang pala. I was too quick to assume. I should have patiently asked for what she really wanted. I could’ve figured it out. Instead, I sent her away.

Haaaay! I’m so kaka, am I not?  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...