Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Stormy Tuesday Morning

We are still having a stormy weather since ‘Kabayan’ hasn’t totally left the country yet. And he also tagged 2 other friends to join him, how’s that for a getaway? One is ‘Lando’ who we thought has already disintegrated yesterday but is now an LPA again and is giving us lots of monsoon rains. He is expected to hit the Philippine lands by Thursday while he waves goodbye to friend Kabayan who is expected to be heading to China by that time. Then there is ‘Mina’ who is expected to enter the PAR (Philippine Area of Responsibility) by Monday next week. I still wonder how they choose typhoon names.

The DepEd already announced cancellation of classes from Kindergarten to High School level in all NCR public and private schools as early as 4AM due to the expected heavy downpour. Good thing that the announcement came early. Go back to your bed kids and enjoy the warmth of your blankets. I’m so envious!

We left the house as usual at 530AM. I practically slept the entire trip because the weather just makes me want to doze off. I awoke from time to time because of the heavy rain taps. There were instances that the Hubby had to slow down because we couldn’t see the road. That’s how heavy the rain pour was!

I was nervous at times. I thought we might get stranded especially along the streets leading to Espana Blvd where there is already a knee-deep flood.

Here’s a picture I took when we were about to cross Espana Blvd. The water in the area near us is almost knee-deep.
Err... nope, there's no problem with your eyesight, it's the picture that is blurred.  

Thank God, we got to our destinations safe and sound. I wish the same for everybody, too. Be safe my dear friends.

Hay, storm, storm, go away! We want to enjoy the sun’s bright rays!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...