Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Iced Milk Tea ala Nai Cha

At long last! I finally found the perfect milk tea recipe that would rival that of Chowking’s Nai Cha, which I am so addicted to.

I posted here my love for Nai Cha last week. A friend read it and gave me a recipe that I immediately tried. Minus the Tea Jelly, it tasted so much like the Nai Cha I am so fond of!

So I am sharing this to those Nai Cha lovers out there!

What you will need:
- Lipton Yellow Label Tea, 2 Tea bags 
- Water, 1 Cup 
- Evaporated Milk, 1 Cup
  (Erratum: This should only be 1/3 cup. ^_^) 
- Sugar, 2 Tbsp
- Ice (can be cubes or crushed, whatever you have available)

Simple way to do it:
- Steep 2 tea bags of Lipton Yellow Label in 1 cup of hot water until the water becomes dark brown. I left it overnight and it became opaque brown, I preferred it this way because it gave out a strong tea flavor.
- Pour in the cold Milk and Sugar and stir like there’s no tomorrow,... or only until the sugar melts. ^_^
- Add Ice. If you want to reduce the sweetness, you may put in more ice!

There you go... your very own Nai Cha, for less than half the price. O sige na, yung difference sa price nung sa Chowking ay dahil sa tea jelly na di na kaya i-accommodate ng busy kong schedule ang paggawa. Tarush! ;-p
  




4 comments:

  1. hi! just read you blogs as i was searching for homemade nai-cha recipe! imagine im in thailand but i don't know how to do it!hehehe my friend was craving kasi..she's there in pinas..sa kaka crave nya nahawa ako thus it lead me to your blog nga...thanks! now im sipping my own homemade nai-cha! will try making some of your desserts they look yummy! thanks for sharing and keep blogging :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey, thank you! i appreciate that! and i'm glad you liked the milk tea recipe. ^_^

      Delete
  2. Haha gotcha! Tnx for this! I am naicha addict also :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi tnx for sharing ur naicha recipe im an addict also of chowking nacha.pls share on how to make a jelly if u have time.tnx a lot

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...