Friday, August 05, 2011

Movie Day Thursday: Captain America (The First Avenger)


Since number coding si Hubby yesterday, but it really doesn’t have a bearing since SLEX naman kami dadaan and we are only using it as an excuse, we watched a moviiiieeee! Yay, just like the old times. Teehee!

I was hoping to watch Blitz, the one with Jason Statham. Yes, I am starting to like action films nowadays. Festival Mall Cinemas’ website says that it is still being shown. To my dismay, it has already been pulled out the previous week according to the lady in the ticket booth. Hmp, they should update their website.

I’m not a fan of Captain America. As a child, more so now that I’m a grown up, I knew very little of him.

Konsensha: Pano ang kilala mo, si Captain Barbel!

Tseh!

I was not very keen in seeing this movie. But there wasn’t any choice and we were already there that we have to watch whatever movie is available for viewing. Saka cute naman si Chris Evans, so sige na nga, ito na lang!

Honestly, I find Chris cuter when he was the Human Torch. I’ve been telling the Hubby that but he just keeps on ignoring me. Selos? Wehehe!

So how did Captain America fair, if you’d ask me?

Photo Source

The movie has a heart. The character showed strong sense of patriotism. The story of Captain America gave hope to those who deem themselves inadequate.

I was deeply touched on the scene wherein during a training, the frail and skinny Steve Rogers jumped over the grenade that was thrown at them, using his body to cover it to lessen the impact when it explodes while he beckons the others to seek cover. He was prepared to sacrifice himself while everybody, those who are known to be strong and brave ran their asses off like rats.

He personified the saying, Try and try until you succeed. His determination led him to become a super soldier that the American troupe ever had.

The movie has just the right amount of action scenes that showcased Captain America’s strength and fighting abilities.There were other funny scenes that are really amusing like the one where Steve Rogers outwits his fellow draftees by getting a flag from a pole that won him a ride back to the base camp. ^_^

It was also interesting that Tony Stark’s father is in the movie. He is very much like his son by the way.

I used to ridicule the Captain with his very colorful costume. It is after seeing the movie that I understood why he wears or used to wear colorful tights. But enough of the spoilers! You have to see it for yourself. ^_^

And if you haven’t seen it or have plans to watch it on theaters, wait until post-credits. They will show a teaser for The Avengers, which will be shown in May 2012. That explained why everybody was still seated despite the very long credits. The Avengers looks watch-worthy. I saw Tony Stark and Thor. I am looking forward to it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...