Wednesday, August 03, 2011

The Singing Father & Daughter

I think Amber would be a musician. I wish! Haha!

That’s a frustrated-singer mom’s musing by the way. ^_^

Why I said so?

In 2010, amidst all the presidential campaign jingles, she sings hums with these jingles wherever and whenever she hears them. She was barely a year old then.

She taps her hands when she hears upbeat songs on the car radio and hums with slow songs.

She copies sounds and sometimes lyrics that she can already pronounce.

We sing nursery rhymes together and she likes it.

Lately, she loves to be sung at before going to sleep. I sing to her different nursery rhymes and she enjoys singing with me until she falls asleep.

Last night, I was so sleepy to sing to her. Good thing that she was facing her Daddy so they were pretty occupied with cooing and just chatting.

Then I heard the Hubby sing 'When I Fall In Love' to the little girl. It’s kinda funny and sweet because the Hubby doesn’t sing mushy songs and I felt like you have to put a gun on his head first before you can dig out that song from him.

I think he must have sensed what I was thinking and realized that I’m still awake so he changed the song and sang 'Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star' instead.

The little girl’s reaction was even funnier. She groaned and hummed the tune of 'When I Fall In Love'! I was surprised that she appreciated the song instantly and was able to copy the tune in the closest way she could. She was provoking Daddy to sing this song and not her favorite nursery rhyme anymore.

Hay, nakakatuwa! I’ll be saving up for her voice lessons na. Never too early! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...