Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Tagaytay Christmas Get-Away (Part IV: Christmas Mass)

I had to give this post some serious thoughts before publishing it. I know it's Christmas and there shouldn't be room for aversion on this merry season at least, but there's no better way I can write about this experience than what's on this entry. Anyhow, I'm sorry for those who will disagree but these are my thoughts and this is the way I felt.  

We heard mass at the Our Lady of Lourdes Church.  



The church is big and spacious. And the altar looked great!



They had a program which was led by the ministry’s teenage members. It started with performances of different choirs from every barangay. 

We always look forward to the “Panunuluyan” re-enactment which is done in churches before the Christmas eve mass begins. It was enjoyable to watch until they have dragged the scene for almost an hour. :(

Had we not reminded ourselves that we were there to hear mass and pay homage to our saviour, the Hubby and I would've walked-out of the church when they began showing video clips of actual abortion. I really couldn’t take it, I felt I would throw up if I continued on seeing it. I just had to look at Amber and cover her eyes for fear that it might give her nightmares. It was too graphic. I heard Nanay sniffling and it was just the worse church program that I’ve attended!

Apparently, they were campaigning against the RH bill and abortion, which I hope they didn’t do that night. There were children inside the church! The video was too horrifyingly graphic! Even I who used to watch and like gory films felt sick not even 30 seconds of seeing it. And they aired it for a good 5 minutes! It was Christmas eve for goodness’ sake! Where are the merry thoughts?

I believe there are a lot of ways to get the point across. I wish they have looked for more acceptable ways rather than causing trauma most especially to a large number of children who were present at that time.

It was just so tacky and insensitive. We still heard mass after that and prayed so hard that people will be guided towards what is appropriate and what is simply unacceptable.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...