Thursday, March 29, 2012

Karate Kid Affordable Meals

I was handed with a flyer on my way to the supermarket in Trinoma that showed this...


They offer a very affordable Japanese-inspired menu that I cannot resist, so off we go to the Karate Kid counter in Trinoma’s food court.

The Hubby and I, by the way, are not big sashimi ang maki fans. We stick to the teriyaki, tepanyaki, tonkatsu meals most of the time. Those are what made Japanese food close to our hearts. ^_^

We ordered Chicken Teriyaki for the Hubby, Fish Katsu for me and Tofu Furai.


Unlike other Chicken Teriyaki, theirs was not filleted. But it tasted good. At P99, it sure is one reasonably-priced meal!


I enjoyed my meal mainly because it comes with a stir-fried vegetable side dish. I love how a side dish gives variety of flavors to a main dish. And the veggies, although nothing extra-special went well with the breaded fish fillet.


The Tofu Furai (P55) was yummy! I like the contrasting texture of the soft tofu as against its crispy coating. How I wish I’d know how to copy the dip that goes with it. It would be perfect for my Crispy Tofu that I’m planning to cook this Lenten Season.

Add P20 to each meal and you’ll have yourself a refreshing Red Iced Tea.

We will definitely try the other affordable meals in their menu on our next trip to the supermarket!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...