Monday, October 10, 2011

Marketing Mission in Divilandia

In the company I worked with, employees are treated like extended families. My boss treats us like his partners and friends. We are always asked and consulted when an important decision needs to be made. He never fails to update us new and exciting happenings around him on both professional and personal level. 

My boss, the owner of our humble company, is putting up businesses left and right, which according to him is a necessary diversification since the semiconductor industry is taking a plunge once again.

He has a few businesses on the sides but as he says it, our company is still his bread and butter as it is our company that funds these businesses.

He has good visions and strong moral values in terms of his business principles. I cannot count how many opportunities have he declined in order not to put his principles in question. As a businessman, I admired him for that.

His latest project is to put up a convenience store and pharmacy on his hometown because he finds the town lacking of these facilities. 

So where is my story leading to?

I am going to Divisoria tomorrow. Isn’t that just nice? How did it happen?

Boss: Lan, I trust your taste and instinct. I've always liked your ideas.

Me (smiling and all): *Oh my gulay... is he giving me a raise? Pero sabi nya bagsak lugmok ang semicon industry ah!*

Boss: Pwede ba kita pakiusapan?

Me: *Ah okey, trabaho lang pala... shoot!*

Boss: I need to put toys in the store. Pakikiusapan sana kita na i-check yung mga toystores sa Divisoria. You can purchase samples of those that you think will click sa mga bata.

Me (smile gone): Boss naman, mawawala ako dun!

Eh, hindi naman talaga ko sanay pumunta dun. Gusto ko pumunta dun pero pag may kasama na alam yung paikot-ikot dun. Mawawala talaga ko, pramis!

Boss: Isasama mo si Noly para may driver ka na din.

Like I can’t drive on my own. That’s the least of my concerns!

Boss: I really need your talent here. Please ha.

My question is, how can you say ‘NO’ to that? Ha? Ha?

Dinaan pa kunyari sa pakiusap yung utos tas may kasama pang bola! Haaay!!! Sometimes, your creative “talents” kuno can be just as detrimental!

Good luck myself... See you Divisoria. :-(


2 comments:

  1. Hey! Saya kaya yun :)
    Samahan kitang mawala sa Divi. May allergies kc si Khan sa hangin kaya 2 or 3 years ago yung last punta ko dun.
    Pero in fairness, ayus ang Boss mo ah :) Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. ako din sis, last i went there was before i got married. pinilit ko pa talaga si hubbyduds, ayaw nya kasi dun.
    di ba? ang cute ng lolo ko. todong bola pa, uutusan lang pala ko. so kaka! dami pasakalye kasi he doesn't usually ask me this types of things. first time talaga. i must demand for an increase! hehe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...