Thursday, October 06, 2011

Angels Do Exist


I heard of this topic this morning as I watch a local TV show. The priest said that angels, apart from the winged creatures with pretty faces that we see in pictures, or the cute little curly cherubs whose figurines we hang on our Christmas trees, are any individuals that do things the way God would have done them. Therefore, they are as real and we coexist! They can be anybody amongst us who do good things towards people they don’t even know.

I’m sure I get to meet angels every day. ^_^

But what I cannot forget is this man whose face and name, I may not recall anymore, but whose good deeds I will always remember.

In January of 2009, I was in LTO Las Pinas to renew my driver’s license. I knew I had to pay an extra fee for late renewal as my license had expired two months before. I brought what I thought was a sufficient amount to cover all fees including that to have my status – from single to married - changed.

The 5 months and already very pregnant me (yes, I was already huge!) waited in line together with the others. It was a peak day I supposed because there were so many people lining up. Sadly, there were no special lanes for pregnant women.

When my name was called, I was given the assessment sheet and was asked to line up together with 15 other people at the cashier for payment. When I saw how much I was about to pay, I knew that my cash on hand is short of a little over 100 pesos.

I approached a man wearing an LTO ID and asked him if I can still go back to my queue if I leave for a minute. I honestly told him that I’m short of cash and that I needed to withdraw money from the nearby bank. Nearby is still a few hundred meters away.

He asked how much I needed and without hesitation, he reached for his wallet and gave me the amount I needed. He said that if I leave the line and they would skip on me, it might take long for me to be called again. I could just pay him back as soon as I get back from the bank, he added with a smile.

It touched me deeply.

It was a small amount and he could possibly let go of it if in case I didn’t go back as my business there was finished. But he didn’t think twice to help me because he thought it would be inconvenient for me in my condition to stay there any longer.  

I don’t know if anyone there would have cared if I inconveniently waited there the whole day... but this man certainly cared.  

He is an angel! ^_^


2 comments:

  1. awww,super nice naman ni kuya! i agree sis,he's an angel in disguise.bibihira na yung ganyan nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sinabi mo sis! too bad, my forgetful mind cannot remember even his name... si kuya angel? hehe. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...