Friday, September 09, 2011

Stop And Smell The Flowers

But since there’s no flower to smell, I stopped and appreciated the beauty of nature instead. ^_^

I strongly believe that happiness is a choice. In any situation, you can choose to be happy or otherwise. Please, I’m not talking about the extremes here, let's just stick with the trivial things.

Yesterday, the Hubby and I watched a movie at Festival Mall. The movie will start at 6:45PM so we agreed to meet there to save time since he will be leaving Laguna at 5:30.

Festival Mall is only a jeepney-ride away from our office so it’s never a sweat to go there as I always do to meet the Hubby when I can leave the office early.

What pissed me off was that Manong Driver didn’t go to the usual jeepney route where we were supposed to pass by the mall. I had to walk a great length just when I wanted to be there as soon as I can to be able to purchase the tickets and buy our drinks before the Hubby arrives and the movie starts. So kaka talaga!!!

So I crossed an intersection and another street to reach the walkway. As soon as I got to the walkway, I was already out of breath so I slowed down.

That was the moment I get to look at the distant end of the pathway.

I was surprised that the view calmed me. I was happy at the sight of the green plants and trees. Ang babaw ko no? Pero tree-covered pathways never failed to give me that calming effect. I stopped to take more pictures.
That is the mall on the left side.

There is where I came from, right behind the building.

So autumn ang feeling ng mga dried leaves!

After a couple of minutes, I started to walk again smiling and feeling lighter. I chose to stop cursing Manong Driver for the inconvenient detour. Instead, I thank him for if not, I would not be able to appreciate one of life’s simple joys!

Oh, here’s another favorite picture on a pathway...
Taken in 2008, couple of months before we said our "I DOs".


2 comments:

  1. Hi sis! Are you from the south?
    If yes, sama naman kayo sa future playdates.
    Outnumbered kase ang girls compared sa boys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi maqui! thanks for the invite sis. we'd love to! but we live in Caloocan. :-(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...