Friday, September 30, 2011

Cardiac and Shotgun Hills

Been a while since my last kwento about Hubby’s biking adventure. His weekly routine now includes biking. That motivates him to get up at 5:30AM during weekends. Imagine that... him, waking up that early on a weekend? That makes me sooo glad that I don’t know how to bike. Thus, he can’t force me to wake up that early and go with him, teehee!

The 2 famous (among bike enthusiasts) biking trails he has gone to were in Sta. Rosa and San Mateo. Wonder why they are both named after saints, hmmm... I hope they are really there to watch over them bikers! ^_^

The trail in Sta. Rosa, Laguna is more popularly called Cardiac Hill. Why the name? I asked the Hubby and he replied, “It can give you a cardiac arrest!”. Toinkz! Hindi ko na kaya payagang mag-bike to?!?

He was amused at his own comment and probably sensed what I was about to say when he corrected himself and said that the trail can really give you a heart-pumping ride. Hmmm, that I guess, I’ll never know... ^_^

The first time he dared the trails of Cardiac Hill was last Aug-29. We left the house very early because he still has to drop me and Amber to Nanay’s house. When we were just about to go out of SM Homes, a red car passed by with 3 mountain bikes in tow. The Hubby didn’t know them but they both honked to acknowledge each other. I find the gesture between bikers very nice.

It turned out that they were also heading to the Cardiac Hill. In Sta. Rosa, they approached the Hubby the moment he parked his car and invited him to ride with them. Good for the Hubby as his supposed biking partner for that day begged off due to the bad weather.


Here, with a different set of friends:


San Mateo’s trail naman is called Shotgun. I never bothered to ask anymore why it’s called that way! With the Hubs, are his newfound biking friends:
Hubby's first time in Shotgun.



...and they call that FUN?


At the famous Aling Tina's Eatery.

Ready to go home!

Hubby said it's not too late for me to learn but I'd rather not. Maybe I would if I was younger? But I have long before accepted that I'm not an outdoor person. By the way, and I'm saying it again... you, who told me that I will never learn to bike unless I suffer from ugly scars... I blame my not knowing how to bike on you big time! :-P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...