Friday, September 09, 2011

Movie Thursday: Crazy Stupid Love


I’ve seen its trailer several times but I didn’t care that much because I’m sure the Hubby would be uninterested to see this. He is not into a romantic drama flick.

Then I heard DJs rave about this in the early morning radio show that we listen to. I got curious. Then it has been talked about in N@W. Made me doubly curious!

So I read the summary and found the story interesting!

A 2-pc KFC chicken made the Hubby agree to watch the movie! Oh di ba, ang babaw din ng kaligayahan ng asawa ko? Haha! Sabi nya sa sinehan sha kakain to keep him busy in case he gets bored. Tarush! So the chicken and tickets were purchased!

It’s a feel good movie! I laughed, was touched, kinilig at some point and yes, tears fell twice.

It didn’t help though that I had read about it. I spoiled the big surprise, big time! I’m glad I kept that little information to myself. At least the Hubby was surprised to find out that Hannah is Cal’s daughter. Oops, sorry for those who haven’t seen it yet. Naghahanap lang ako ng damay! Hahaha!  Mega-spoiler!

The film describes different stages of love and relationships. That of a long-time married couple who are in a brink of losing it or so they thought; A new-found love who totally changed a man’s way of living, and; A young, idealistic admiration that will never give up despite any obstacles.

Scenes that I liked the most in the movie?

-The dirty dancing scene! Playing the song I’ve Had The Time Of My Life is already a winner for me. I like that song! I would also fall for that ‘big move’ if I were Hannah!
After the 'big move'.

-The most romantic part for me was when Jacob and Hannah were on the bed -- talking. They didn’t have to make love to make me feel sobrang kilig. I was touched that Jacob opened up his personal life to her.

-Emily calling Cal, telling him she’s in the basement and needs help. Cal gave her a walkthrough while looking at her through her living room window. Yes, she was only pretending and Cal knew because he was there in the garden where he sneaks in every night to tend the plants. I really couldn’t keep my tears from falling over their conversation.

While everybody is going gaga over Jacob’s (Ryan Gosling) hotness in the film, I adore 13-year old Robbie (Jonah Bobo) the more! He is so cute especially towards the end of his graduation speech wherein he professed again his love for his 17-year old babysitter Jessica, who he believes to be his soul mate. Everybody gave out a good laugh at that.

But do soul mates really exist? Do they guarantee a lifetime of happiness?

Methinks that soul mates do exist only in movies and fairytales. What’s real is the commitment we give to that one person that we chose to spend the rest of our life with.

Lifetime happiness is also real! But that does not mean you won’t be sad or hurt along the way.

And there is no such thing as a perfect relationship. Every couple have had and will have trying times. The movie reminds us to always keep the flames of love burning. True in every marriage. We became too complacent and oftentimes take our partners for granted while we run our own busy lives. A relationship needs to be cultivated for it to flourish. 

Emily was right. The fact that she was able to sleep with another man is an indication that her marriage with Cal is broken or that they are heading there. But it also tells us that even if everything else crumbles, love can hold and keep every pieces intact. And that love could conquer all!

-----------------------------

On our way out of the parking area, the hubby while looking at the road said, “I can also do that big move!”, then glanced and smiled at me.

Yeah, you can say that it was a tickle pink evening. ^_^



10 comments:

  1. Spoiler! :) i think meron ng available nun na pwedeng i-download. Thanks, meron nkong bagong movie to look after. I've been busy downloading and watching movies these past few days. I dunno where I can get the energy to blog again. But I do enjoy blog reading/ hopping.
    Hay.. wish ko lng talga na hindi matatakutin si Akira sa dilim pra maka-watch kmi ng movie kht cartoons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sowee sis... but not! humahanap talaga ko ng damay para hindi lang ako ang hindi nasurprise. wehehe. i'm so bad. uy, pa-share naman ng movies you have watched. ^_^
    sanayin mo na sis sa haus. turn off all the lights pag movie time. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure sure. Here are some the good movies ive watched:
    Heartbreaker
    Love, wedding, Marriage
    Baby Mama
    Definitely Maybe
    Intolerable cruelty
    A little bit of Heaven
    A lot like love
    Lost in Translation
    My little bride
    The perfect host
    3 Idiots

    Most of them are chic flick :) Suspense yung second to the last while the last one is Laugh trip :)

    http://www.pspiso.com/onetiger64s-1000-movies-t411663.html - eto po yung link where i download them. Hehehe.

    Minsan sa dami ng movies ng computer naiisip ko ng magtayo ng business :) Khit P10.00 lng per movie. Heheheh

    ReplyDelete
  4. yahooo!!! dami-dami! thank you so much!!! haven't seen any of these movies. simula na naman pamimirata ko. haha!
    loka, baka maintercept tayo ng omb. gagalit si chairman ronnie rickets. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. noted them down already sis. will start with the last 2 movies para makasama manood ang hubby doodles. tenchu! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go go go!
    Forgot to include Friends with Benefits, Something Borrowed and Bridesmaids. Ayan, puro chick flick. Hehehe. If wala sila kay Onetiger64, you may find them either kay jasonangel, theGodfather or Claymoreking. Hehehe. Na-obvious tuloy ang pagka-pirata ko.

    Si Onetiger64 pala has another link ---> CArtoons for kids. so, kung gusto mong hindi n talga mahawakan ang Iphone, download mo din si Amber. Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha! chick flick overload! panlalakihan ako ng mata ni hubby nito! but thanks, sis! appreciated much! haaay, looking forward to another long weekend off para mapanood ang sandamakmak na napirata. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Long weekend coming up, sis! I just watched the film pala. Aaaw. Very funny and touching at the same time. Btw, since you like the song "I’ve Had The Time Of My Life" better watch Heartbreaker. It's also on the list :) Don't forget to include 3 Idiots too! (OA nko sa pagppromote ng movie na to, hindi nmn ako bayad. Hehehe)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i've downloaded both films na sis. just waiting for the right time to watch it. tama, i'll include them in my must-see movie list this weekend.
    hahaha! super looking forward tuloy ako dun sa idiots. making me wonder why you promote it a lot. hehe! wala lang kokontra sa plans, then i'll be able to see both films by weekend! yey!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hehe. It's a funny movie and I can't help but share. Skip the music and dancing part nlng kc it is soo old skul. But I hope you'll like it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...