Wednesday, September 28, 2011

DIY: Personalized Pillow Case

A project inspired by Maqui’s Monogram Pillowcase. But for this project, instead of doing a monogram, I sewed all the letters in Amber’s name! Pretty tough for someone’s first time to sew! ^_^

Like Maqui said, you can either make your own or use any store-bought pillowcases. I used Amber’s old pillowcase for this project.

I'm so happy that I finally found where to buy this felt cloth. Been looking for it for so long. I was in the ribbons section of SM City in Makati buying ribbons for Ynakee's candles when I, just testing my luck, asked the saleslady if they, by any chance, have felt cloths and lo and behold... there they were, rolled up in 1/4 yards, in different colors! I bought orange, red and purple, which is the one I used for this project.

So, I traced the letters on the wrong side of the felt cloth, cut and pinned them on the pillowcase.

The 'fun' begins after that! I wish I can pull the sewing off, fingers crossed! I originally planned to do an X-stitch around each letter (oh, di ba, ang tapang! backstitch nga, parang gusto ko na mag-back-out) but I find it too laborious when I tried doing it (hahaha! excuses!) plus I can't seemed to keep the letters in place while I sew around it. Stubborn letters! So backstitch it is! I also followed Maqui's advice to use a thread that is lighter or would contrast to the felt cloth.  

And tadaaaahhhh!!! 

I’m so happy with the outcome. Amber is as happy, too! She keeps on saying, “Wow, danda!”. She carries it all around the house.

The good part about this project is that you can do it while you're watching the TV! Twice the fun! ^_^


4 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm inspired. Mas ok tlaga gumawa ng DIY kc may personal touch. I'm glad Amber liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it sis! labor of love talaga. the color complements the pillow case :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, so nice!
    Ang galing nang pagka-cut ng letter ha!
    Maganda rin siguro on a plain t-shirt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. maraming thank you, sisses!!!

    @em - oo nga, she always spells out the letters, mukhang kelangan ko din gumawa ng blanket with all the alphabets in it. nyay!

    @jo - ay talaga! kahit nahkaduling-duling sa paglagay ng thread sa needle at nagkatusok-tusok, okey lang, keri lang! priceless naman amber's reaction when she saw it e.

    @maqui - hmmm, oo nga! parang the monogram, i want to try on a shirt! thanks for another wonderful idea! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...