Friday, May 18, 2012

Amber Was Visited By A Flu Virus

I had to take a leave from work last Thursday because the night before, Amber had a hi-grade fever. The thermometer registers 39.6! We would have brought her to the hospital if cold compress didn’t help lower her temp.

That afternoon, she was still her usual makulit-malikot self though. Mama wouldn’t know that she already had fever until she went up to her and asked to be carried.

When I got home that night, she still refused to drink any medicines so the best thing I thought of doing is to give her a sponge bath.

That night, I woke up because I felt something very warm beside me. When I touched her forehead, she’s burning with fever! Sponge bath did the trick again but we decided to bring her to the hospital in the morning if the fever persists.

At 8AM, her temp is at a normal 36.3. The day passed without a fever, thank God!

I am still wondering though what have caused her to get sick and have a fever that high. I’m just thankful that whatever virus that paid her a visit went away just as fast.


1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that Amber's fever went away just as fast. Could the weather be the culprit? :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...