Monday, June 01, 2015

Recipe: Fried Cream Dory with Garlic Cream Sauce

I like Cream Dory for its versatility. Like you can cook it any way you want.

I planned to make Sweet and Sour Fish Fillet with the pack of Cream Dory I have on the fridge.

But then, I prefer cream sauce over tomato-based sauces.

And I find it easier to make Garlic Cream Sauce.

Well, don’t be deceived, this recipe may appear very simple but I loved how it turned out! ;)

Ingredients:
-Cream Dory, I used 1 pack of frozen Dory fillet, about 500grams
-Oil for frying
-4 cloves of garlic, minced
-1 tbsp of butter
-1 cup of milk, I always use fresh milk
-1 tsp of dried basil
-Salt & pepper to taste

How to:
1.    In a sauce pan under low heat, saute garlic on butter until garlic is fragrant. Do not wait until garlic turns brown. Pour fresh milk. Season with salt and pepper. Let it simmer for about a minute. Add basil.
2.    Season fish with salt and pepper. Fry on both sides until golden brown. Use as little oil as possible, just enough to coat your pan. Do not overcook fish as meat may crumble.
3.    Put the fish on a serving plate. Pour garlic-cream sauce over it.

Perfect with steamed rice! I sometimes sprinkle my steamed rice with dried basil leaves. 

I don’t know but I have this latest addiction to basil. It seems like it’s making everything I eat extra flavorful. Or maybe it’s just my taste buds. :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...