Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Filipino Homework

Lately, I let Amber do her homework by herself and do as little intervention as I could. I let her read the instruction and do it on her workbook. A simple exercise for her on reading comprehension. :) 

And it pleases me to know that she can already follow instructions without me having to explain them to her.

Then I checked her homework last night...
It reads, "Kasie gusto ma cuclae (suklay) ko fur nia"

I paused. Went inside the room and laughed my heart out. I tried not to laugh in front of her as she might think I’m making fun of her. But I just couldn’t suppress the amusement.

It seems more difficult nowadays to teach Filipino. In our times, most favored the Filipino subject. Now, I often hear Amber complaining, “Can’t they just write it in English?”, when she’s having a hard time reading in Filipino.

Sigh! I am so acing the A-E-I-O-U, Ba-Be-Bi-Bo-Bu lessons if I had to do it every time we need to read in Filipino. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...