Friday, June 14, 2013

A Letter For Amber On Her 4th Birthday

@}-,------


My dearest Amber,

This day, you turned 4.

Whenever I look at you, I still can’t help but feel amazed. You are still a baby yet you look so grown up in many ways.

I forgot when you began being so talkative. The house is always filled with your cute, tiny, sometimes shrilling voice. You talk all the time. All. The. Time!

Your Dad and I find it cute when you make up excuses for things we ask you to do but do not want or feel like doing. At 4 years old, you’re already making up excuses? Really? I find it somewhat unusual. But we find your wits in doing so very amusing.

At this stage, you love to perform.

You dance every time Daddy plays Bruno Mars’ Locked Up In Heaven, Maroon 5’s Move Like Jagger, Nikki Minaj’s Starship and J.Lo’s Dance Again. Are you aware that you dance on the streets most of the time? I don’t intend to make you feel embarrassed but yes you do. A lot of times! Whenever Daddy plays these songs while he washes the car, you just storm out of the house and make the street your center stage. You don’t care if strangers pass by.

When you don’t do your usual monologues, you fill the air with songs of your liking. You sing Carly Rae Jepsen’s Call Me Maybe. At least we can make out the tune even if you’re making your own lyrics. Well, you wanted to make the song your own so be it. :D

You show so much interest in a lot of things. In my heart, I vowed that I will do my best to support you in all the things that you want to do. That if I be permitted, I will go with you in every rehearsals, recitals and competitions... in all of your endeavours.

You never cease to fill my heart with an overwhelming joy whenever I look at you. You make me so proud of you just the way that you are now.

Happy 4th birthday, my baby. I always thank God for the blessing that is you. And we pray for the good Lord to guard, guide and bless you always. I love you. Daddy and I love you so much.

Love,
Mommy


P.S., Oh! I just have to mention with pride that you now use the big toilet bowl! Yipee! Oops, sorry sweetheart if I still had to post that... you’ll understand me someday. ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...