Monday, May 13, 2013

Weekend Movies: Warm Bodies

imdb.com

No wonder it got a high 7.2 rating in IMDB. Not that I consider the ratings highly credible but at least I use it as basis whether to watch a movie or not.

Despite it being a romance movie (zombie and romance? Go figure.), the Hubby agreed to watching it because, you guessed it right, it has zombies.

If you don’t know it yet, my Hubby, for reasons I don’t know, is very fascinated with zombie movies. He has watched almost every zombie movie available in video. Creepy huh?!

The movie is the kind that will grow on you. It’s such a feel good movie that after seeing it, you’ll find yourself wearing that big smile instead of feeling grossed out like what gory zombie films do. Well, I don’t know if it will have the same effect on you but it sure had on me. :)

It’s a whole different approach to zombie films where the undead are depicted as rotting corpses that came to life only to eat human brains. In this movie, the undead discovered that they have this triggering point when they can go back to life and live in normalcy.

If you don’t have anything to do this weekend, you may want to see it. :)

Promise not to tell the Hubby that I shared this with you but even he, with his unromantic, no-drama persona, said that this is his favorite zombie movie at the moment. Of course I looked at him intently and tried to gage if he was being serious, he then said, “I said it already, don’t push it!”. Hahahaha! He is really such a softie inside. ^_^

And I found out that this movie is an adaptation of a Novel with the same title that is inspired by Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. Ohh, that explains the names...


  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...